Tacocat Project 3

Standard

_20170124_123017

_20170124_122949

I wanted the final product to be a little more resilient than polymer clay, so I decided to take a class in silicone mold making and resin casting,(actually this whole thing has been a bit of an excuse to learn more about that.)

I’ve never tried any kind of mold making before, I was surprised at how much detail it was able to pick up (glad I sanded the head really well.) The ears broke off when I removed the original from the mold, but oh well. I wasn’t planning to hold onto it anyway. Going to have to do a few more casts to try to fix the air bubbles in the ears.

Tacocat Project 2

Image

Tacocat_Project_Head.png

Sculpted tacocat’s head using polymer clay while my muse sat behind me, making sure no part of the chair I was sitting in went to waste. I originally went with a more realistic version of the head but after I’d baked it I realized I’d strayed too far from the parts of the original concept that made me want to sculpt it in the first place.

I over think, therefore I am late

The Tacocat Project

Image

tacocat_ornament_2015.png

Now that I have a little time on my hands I can get to some personal projects that have been on the tip of my brain. For about a year I’ve wanted to turn this drawing of our cat, Tacocat, into a real, physical object. Think I’m in for a learning experience. ^_^