Tacocat Project 3

Standard

_20170124_123017

_20170124_122949

I wanted the final product to be a little more resilient than polymer clay, so I decided to take a class in silicone mold making and resin casting,(actually this whole thing has been a bit of an excuse to learn more about that.)

I’ve never tried any kind of mold making before, I was surprised at how much detail it was able to pick up (glad I sanded the head really well.) The ears broke off when I removed the original from the mold, but oh well. I wasn’t planning to hold onto it anyway. Going to have to do a few more casts to try to fix the air bubbles in the ears.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s