I scanned some flipbook animations I made last year and gif’d them. They’re not polished or nothing, but I like seeing them move.
I wanted the final product to be a little more resilient than polymer clay, so I decided to take a class in silicone mold making and resin casting,(actually this whole thing has been a bit of an excuse to learn more about that.)
I’ve never tried any kind of mold making before, I was surprised at how much detail it was able to pick up (glad I sanded the head really well.) The ears broke off when I removed the original from the mold, but oh well. I wasn’t planning to hold onto it anyway. Going to have to do a few more casts to try to fix the air bubbles in the ears.
Sculpted tacocat’s head using polymer clay while my muse sat behind me, making sure no part of the chair I was sitting in went to waste. I originally went with a more realistic version of the head but after I’d baked it I realized I’d strayed too far from the parts of the original concept that made me want to sculpt it in the first place.
I over think, therefore I am late
Now that I have a little time on my hands I can get to some personal projects that have been on the tip of my brain. For about a year I’ve wanted to turn this drawing of our cat, Tacocat, into a real, physical object. Think I’m in for a learning experience. ^_^